Monday, October 20, 2008

A Girl Could Do A Lot Worse

Many, many moons ago, I was getting ready to take off for Asia-one way ticket to Bangkok bought and paid for. It was a fun Summer hanging with old friends post college and every one's lives were heading into their eventual directions. We drank lots of beer, listened to music, maybe smoked something, and cracked each other up. The morning after one mass camp out, I awoke with a poem in my sock, which was one of the sweetest things I have ever received. Nothing happened that would have prompted such a gesture and I never really saw him much again but I have always remembered it.
The poet recently passed on and the world is minus a true original. And a sweet person.
Rest in Peace.

http://www.denverpost.com/obituaries/ci_10750959

1 comment:

CatBoy said...

I'm sorry to hear about this- we need more poets who decorate cans of Glade.